Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hi All:

A while back I bought a clam at one of the MR swaps at Pratt. The clam died (as did a few others which people here had purchased) and they gave me a credit and said I could use it at the next swap. They did not go to the next swap from what I hear (I had asked and was told they were not going and I did not go)

Any idea what is going on with them? Do they go to any local events?

Alfred

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Just spoke to them, their credits expire after a year. I also found the original discussion here and the reason I did not use it online was because they wanted full retail to replace the clam which meant it would have cost me more to order it mailorder.

This came up because I was going to Maryland this weekend. So, now I won't be spending any of my money at Dr. Mac's this weekend or at any time in the future at a swap or otherwise.

I can understand a coupon or gift certificate expiring, but a credit? Even gift certificate expirations is slimy...

Oh well, live and learn.

Alfred

Jim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I got a credit from them when my clam died at the same swap that you are talking about. Apparently a lot of people had issues with that batch of clams. So I saved my credit for the next swap and picked out a new clam and that one lasted maybe a week.

I don't think I will ever buy a clam from them again.

Alfredo De La Fe

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
While I "accepted" what they said on the telephone (that credits expire within one year because they do not track them and that their terms are clearly stated on their website) I have a real problem with this for many reasons, the biggest being that I did not make the original purchase via their website and had never been to it until I looked up their telephone number. As a business owner, it is my responsibility to track stuff like this. This is a big part of customer service. I am a very loyal customer when I am treated fairly, if they would have been gracious about this I probably would have spent several hundred dollars on top of the credit this weekend (I definitely need a LOT of stuff to get my system going again after a long hiatus!)

As it stands right now I will never do business with them again and while I will not go out of my way to share this experience, it certainly has left me feeling a little raw and if I were asked I would probably recommend that people buy from a different vendor.

It is just not the way I do business and while I don't expect everyone to do business the way I do, I do have a minimum set of standards I expect from everyone that I do business with. They do not meet my requirements, which I consider to be very basic.

Best,

Alfred

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: