Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Once again the E.O. Smith Coral Project will be hosting the Frag Farmer's Market, 2104 edition! It has grown into the biggest swap in New England, drawing people from as far as Pennsylvania and beyond.
I already have a bunch of the old sellers already signed up and a few new ones have already contacted me to get in on the FFM. As usual the event will be at the school and similar to previous years. The raffle gets bigger each year and I will be doing more of the Frag Farmer Gift Certificates as part of the raffle. I'm hoping to do them every 1/2 hour this year! I do have a few other new tricks to make this year better than last. I am looking into expanding into more rooms to make more room for more sellers and spread out the tables we have per room.
I am also looking to get more of our local farmer's to set-up tanks and sell their stuff. The set-up fee is low and the set-up is very informal to make it so that the little guy, or girl, can set up a tank and sell their corals next to some of the bigger stores. The whole idea behind the FFM was to give you guys a chance to sell your stuff no matter how small your set-up is. We had over 500 people come last year, and that was with a blizzard the day before, so I am looking forward to even more this year. If you are interested, shoot me a PM and I can give you details. I'd love to have more of crowd from the city and surrounding area come up. I get quite a few of the NYC crowd up both buying and selling, feel free to ask about the event but I am sure you won't be disappointed.
Lastly, if you guys could do me a favor and SPREAD THE WORD. I don't really advertise the event but rather rely on word of mouth to let people know about it. I'll be posting it in most of the local boards in the next few days and getting word out that way, but feel free to post it anywhere you don't see it. Just check and make sure the club, or group, is cool with you posting the info first.
I'll post updates as we get closer to the date.
Let me know if you have questions-
Jon

Last edited:

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
About 2hrs. The good news is that we are right off 84 so it is a highway pretty much all the way. There are also some cheap hotel options if you want to stay the night before. It is pretty cool and you will not find a better selection of frags. I get a number of people from your neck of the woods who come up and they always come back!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The FFM is getting HUGE this year. I am over 40 "vendors" already, which is where we ended last year. If you have not put it on your calendars, it looks to be worth the trip up this year for sure!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sure let me clean it up a bit. It has been tough to keep up with- so many people are trying to get in this year. Give me a bit to make it presentable.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That is the whole point!
It is only a $30 donation to the school's project to set-up as a hobbyist to "level the field" but still provide a show setting/crowds. You get to set your tank up like the "big guys" and clear your rack out. Then end up going off and filling it back up with all the stuff you find at the FFM.... You also get in earlier if you are setting up!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is the preliminary list (sorry for the poor formatting), but there are quite a few people who are not on the list because they either just contacted me or have not confirmed. It is about 50/50 hobbyists/shops, which is pretty cool to see. I still have a few people on the "maybe" list who aren't in line to pick spots yet.

Anthony27 NYC
Aquadreams MA
aznnutty's saltwater connections ???
Boston Aqua Farms MA
CDMAS NY
CDMAS Member Tank NY
CDMAS Sponsor Tank NY
Chriskid CT
Colorful corals ??
Dankacedium MD
Designer Corals CT
E.O. Smith Coral Project CT
Emessier CT
Exotic Fish and Corals CT
Exotic Reef Creations MD
Frank180Reef MA
Gotham Aquatics NYC
Greg Hiller BRS
Hammer NH
Headie Corals CT
Icycoral CT
Jason Foxx MD
Jmar101786 NYC
knockOUT Aquatics LLC PA
Kwong1998 NYC
Love the Reef BRS
Marco Rocks MA
Pablo NYC
Pacific East Aquaculture MD
R+R Aquatics NYC
Reef Creations NYC
Rhmgold (OSRAS) RI
Sassawrasse CT
Shector/Bubbabobobbrain CT
Suicideissleep CT
The Coral Reef CT
Tinygiant NH
Tropic Marin MA
Upstate Corals NY
UsefulIdiot CT
Zooanthids.com UT

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
As of two days ago, the Frag Farmer's Market vendor spots are all FULL! This is crazy since I am usually adding people up to that day. I have 50 coral vendors who will be selling at the FFM this year and a number of additional "dry goods" vendors as well. Doing a little quick math... that is ALOT of corals!!! With the prices we usually see, it looks to be huge and well worth the trip down. I'll put together the list of vendors in a bit and get it posted in the next few days.

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Check here and on the NJ boards. I know quite a few guys are coming up from that neck of the woods. I will post info between now and then, subscribe to the thread and I'll make sure to post again when it gets closer!

Fitch4

Teacher
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Okay, I think I have it...FINALLY

Here is the seller list for the FFM!
I apologize now for screwing up someone's name and definitely someone's home state. I might have guessed on one or two...
Happy reading!

Seller State
10sojs - CT
A+A Corals (Formerly- Anthony27) NYC
Aquadreams MA
Aquatic X-celelnce NJ
aznnutty's saltwater connections OH
Bigcapct CT
Capcept/BfishLpond78/FRivera CT
CDMAS Sponsor NY
Chriskid CT
Colorful corals NY
CullyisGully LI
Dankacedium MD
Designer Corals CT
Dvetran CT
E.O. Smith Coral Project CT
Emessier CT
Exotic Fish and Corals CT
Exotic Reef Creations MD
Fins Aquarium NY
Frank180Reef MA
Gotham Aquatics NYC
Greg Hiller BRS
Hammer NH
ijamcorals MD
Jason Foxx MD
jgraz NJ
knockOUT Aquatics LLC PA
Kwong1998 NYC
Love the Reef BRS
Mass Reef Care MA
Matt Spaulding VT
MetroKat NY
MrsDubs NYC
Pablo NYC
Pacific East Aquaculture MD
Phil Quindara NY
R+R Aquatics NYC
Reef Creations NYC
Sassawrasse CT
Shayna 123 CT
Shector/Bubbabobobbrain CT
Smiz NY
Suicideissleep CT
The Coral Reef CT
Tinygiant (Chris) NH
Upstate Corals NY
UsefulIdiot CT
Vermont Aquatics VT
xclusive corals NJ
Zooanthids.com UT
Zybergoby NY

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: