Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
zoas shall be fine and any low light corals like some softys and stuff i dont think some LPS and SPS will do good under the Lights. But i dont no cause i never had them.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 24" to 36" model orbit marine and it's great. It's a 25 gallon tank with an aqua clear 70 and 2 hydro 565's and a cheap Chinese skimmer ipx8 that works great. Anyway, I have the lights on the tank 13 months. I had green damicornus, pink and hyacinth birds nest, red Montipora of which has since outgrown the space I had for them and were given to a family member with a larger tank. Now I have a sunset Montipora that's growing amazing, trumpet coral various acans and a Micromussa, various Zoas a Kenya tree a Duncan that started with 3 heads now has 8, and a pavona that started as a 1/4 inch piece is now the size of a softball. All lps, Kenya and the pavona are on the sand bed the Montipora is in the middle third of the tank and the Zoas are scattered. I hope this helped some.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    106.3 KB · Views: 486

johnsonpics

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey All,

I thought I'd chime in. I also have the Current Orbit with a Current Solano 34gal tank, just one though. I've had it up and running for two years now with LPS, SPS and Softies with great results! I've got my rock work situated so there's room to adjust the location of the coral to meet their light needs. Although I'm sure reefers with a lot more experience will think this is a ridiculous idea. Give it a try with some inexpensive pieces and see what happens.

Attachments

• IMG_1981.jpg
    IMG_1981.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 466

Trodny

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
I'll throw a couple of pennies into this conversation as well....
I've got a 55 gallon with (2) current orbit 36-48" led's that's been running for the last year and a half with a mix of LPS, SPS, and softies with no problems and some great growth. There are way better lights out there for optimum growth but don't be afraid to use what you've got.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: