mrdobie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to think inside the box, but the box was small so it was hard to breathe so I started to think outside the box where there is more room. My workshop is well equipped and I could build a space shuttle in here. A small space shuttle, but a space shuttle none the less. :Hydrogen:

The power tools ( table belt sander, band saw, drill press, are out of the picture.
This shop I recently re-designed to have more storage. My mechanic workshop is larger and in my garage.

It used to look like this, but I wanted to add the sink and neaten it up a little.

Out of all the things I designed, I am the most proud of this 30 round M-16 magazine I built in Nam, because without it, I probably would not be here today. (the normal ones hold 18 rounds while our enemy magazines held 22 rounds)

thank you for your service to our country no one has thanked you for that and also you feeder ideas also :)

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
I wish, i am NOT right, i use to collect hundreds of pounds on my old country use very fine nets, dry on cheese clot , one of the BEST food for very small fishes ( in our case Corals) also Daphina (list 5-6 kinds, gray,greens,reds depends of lakes) i was and still PRO experiments, i will try Rotif. Auto Feeder , in both case ( Artemia salina or Rotif. ) only one think concern me is........." Also, as time goes by, dangerous bacteria will grow on the shrimp. Eventually it becomes dangerous to feed. For these reasons, artemia should be fed as soon after it hatches as possible. It should not be stored for future feedings. Hatch only enough at one time to feed all the fish at that feeding." ,......... but let see what we can do, for BEST culture u need Cone shape and some Light. Then best way to siphon the life babys , then over flow ( throw out) , the dead ,non life eggs, waste etc. to avoid ...............any bad Bacteria, witch may kill or ruine , all culture.

http://www.angelsplus.com/FryBrineShrimpHatch.htm
http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.edu/accounts/Artemia_salina/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daphnia

Last edited:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I generally hatch them and separate the shells in this. I have been doing this as long as I can remember and I hatch them every day. Every month or so I have to bleach it or the bacteria that grows in it will prevent shrimp from hatching. But I never found it dangerous. I also feed the shrimp as soon as they hatch because they are the healthiest then

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
No, no dangerous, the culture may NOT hatch, so Auto Feeder may stop working , how come , i see NO Microscope in your "shop" lol.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I think the fact that its in-tank and your flushing it with water from the algae trough will be plenty of filtration. So essentially you have a stepped up feeder like you had before except now it feeds eggs...i like this design a lot, really simplifies the whole process..

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I took a video of the thing working. The mandarins also hang out on it but they are afraid of me and run away as soon as I get near the tank. You can see the male mandarin to the left at the start but he leaves when he sees the camera because he got up on the wrong side of the tank today and doesn't like his picture taken.
The two pipefish just stay on it all day and every minute or so they can grab a shrimp. This works differently than my normal feeder in that the shrimp are expelled a little faster but more spread out during the day. They do that because they hatch all day long. The fish don't have to sit on it as they can constantly eat shrimp all around it.
It is a very natural way of feeding such fish and the large copperband also visits on every trip around the tank. You can see the funnel at the top with some water running into it to push the eggs down which they all do. The auto feeder is missing the hopper for the video.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: