AR0026

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I have been thinking about a new tank and setup for a while now.. So, yesterday and today at work i have been drawing out how i would like my sump to be divided..

Take a look at the drawings.. They are a little ruff looking.. Please excuse, but they where done by hand with a pen and a really bad ruler.. I will try to get drawings done in AutoCad some time soon..

Want to see what you guys thing and what suggestions you guys can give me..

Thanks,

View attachment SUMP 1.pdf

View attachment SUMP 2.pdf

AR0026

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Not sure why you have the bubble trap between the filter socks and the skimmer. The skimmer, by design, is adding bubbles to the water. You ALWAYS put the bubble trap AFTER the skimmer.

Hey Masterswimmer..

That is not a bubble trap.. I just realized i did not specify in the drawing.. lol.. Sorry but in that slot i would put in a tray with: Chemi-pure, Purigen, filter floss.. Stuff of that sort..

I do plan to run reactors but the all-in-ones are great and rated for big tanks as well...

(Maybe 3 trays - 1-3/4" x 5-3/4" Each..)

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Would u be using a standar 40breeder or custom made the sump??
I build 1 with "almost "same design and even tho works like is supposed to i hate the fact that my fuge area is too small
I dont know how much chaeto u grow or any other algae but too me is too small.
Reason why im alreay in plans to design a diferent with bigger fuge.
Plus i stop using socks and added a pump so the detritus dont settle and let my skimmer take care of it.

AR0026

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
43   0   0
Would u be using a standar 40breeder or custom made the sump??
I build 1 with "almost "same design and even tho works like is supposed to i hate the fact that my fuge area is too small
I dont know how much chaeto u grow or any other algae but too me is too small.
Reason why im alreay in plans to design a diferent with bigger fuge.
Plus i stop using socks and added a pump so the detritus dont settle and let my skimmer take care of it.

Plan on getting a custom build sump..

10x10x9H.. Should be big enough..
I do not plan on keeping Chaeto.. I would like to have 1.5" - 2" of sand and would like to keep Shaving Brush Plants, Maiden's hair Plant and Red Grape Kelp ( Which would be a nice treat for the tangs that will be in the tank)

Add some pics of your tank design if you can.. Would like to see what you are working on..

Thanks,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: