Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Hello every one so i am always looking for new ways to maintain consistency in my tanks now I'm looking for a way to have food for my corals dripped into the tank all day everyday. And before everyone says not good your gonna raise this and that, My idea was to take the amount that i feed weekly and just have that amount drip into the tank, so instead of two or three larger feedings they will have food in the tank all the time. So my levels shouldn't be affected that much, just trying to see if anyone else has done something similar and what were the outcomes Good or Bad

SantaMonica

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a big fan of continuous feeding, even for fish. That's how the reef operates. If the coral food is a liquid, you can dose it with a peristaltic dosing pump that is capable of 0.1 ml doses. That's a small amount; most pumps start at 1 ml which is a lot food at once if you dose every hour.

Once source for 0.1 ml pumps is used medical "enteral feeding pumps". They can be found online: http://www.ebay.com/bhp/enteral-feeding-pump

I've use the Zeevex one a lot; if you mod the plastic tube by removing the internal "strainer" then it rarely clogs.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: