Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Well let me start right off at saying I have never done this before and I could purchase an aquarium manufactured by a professional aquarium company but I don't want to do that. I want to build everything from scratch and have the pleasure (or misery if it bursts a seem) of saying that this was something I built from the ground up. So with that being said who on within the community has every built an aquarium? I have always preferred glass aquariums but in this case I am also considering acrylic. Any thoughts or suggestions. I'm looking to go 60 inches wide x 60 inches deep x 24 inches tall. That should give me roughly 374 gallons in the display alone.

ENB

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I forget whose build it was maybe Rkaragozler but someone got a huge tank and took it apart brought it inside and rebuilt it. Not exactly what you are doing but it will probably give you the basic idea of what you need, what kind of silicon, what thickness glass/acrylic.
Also reefoman does this and so does custom king they can prob give you some pointers.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I forget whose build it was maybe Rkaragozler but someone got a huge tank and took it apart brought it inside and rebuilt it. Not exactly what you are doing but it will probably give you the basic idea of what you need, what kind of silicon, what thickness glass/acrylic.
Also reefoman does this and so does custom king they can prob give you some pointers.

Thanks for the information.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: