MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
A: poly bag poke few small holes for air bubbles and flow to go through...
img_5847.jpg

B: a string or fishing line(better) sew through the bag opening
img_5850.jpg

C: a magnet float to hold
img_5851.jpg

side view
img_5929.jpg

D: cut a bigger hole on top to spray food
img_5895.jpg

pull the string to close
img_5893.jpg

MO~IDOL

I Work Hard For Color!
Vendor
Rating - 100%
643   0   0
Damsel are way to smart to get caught in a trap. He probably watched you make it,,,lol... Going to have to take the tank apart... I do this twice a year,, what a pain..
Good luck keep trying..

lol maybe it did haha. i did that few years back but stupid me added 2 DEVILS few months back :ANYWORD:i hope i dont have to take the tank apart. if i do u'll c me offer deep fire DAMSELs...:sgrin:

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
Ok now....dont laugh and please dont think Im that cruel but I had a similiar situation a few years back in a rather large setup...tried traps...baited with every type of food but was never able to get this f***** out. I didnt want to drain my tank out....so I had an idea...I knew where the little guy lived and retreated at night to. So i took my brand new 15 gallon shop vac and put the small claw adapter on it and put it right next to his lovely hideaway/home. At first he ran then attacked it...well i let it sit in there for a while until he sort of got used to it...then the next day I decided I waited long enough..fed the tank and after feeding he tends to retreat to his hideaway...well thats when i turned it on.....well....i got the little basterd!!!! and about 2 -4 gallons of water as well....and he was just fine....A little unorthodox but worked well....

Pinkheine

No More Room :-(
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Damsels are always the fish we have had that never fall for the trap. We ended up opting for a fish big enough to make them a snack to get them "out" when we had them. I thought that better than C's idea of a mini spear he wanted to build out of a pin and whatever else.

That is an awesome DIY fishtrap. We have the one they sell and it has worked many many times when we needed, though I've sat for hours upon hours with the string in hand waiting to close the door on the "right" fish. Always the ones we want to stay go in first. :tongue1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: