gotreef

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,

Long time reefer, first post here. I'm desperate....my 1 HP Aqua Euro chiller stopped chilling yesterday and I can't figure out exactly what is wrong or how to fix it.

The fan is working, but the air coming out the back of the unit is cool, not hot. I'm thinking the compressor is crapped out, but I'm not sure. Maybe the Freon is used up?? Hamilton was no help when I called, and I can't find a repairman in NYC who is willing to look at it.

What are my options, I really appreciate the advice :)

mluz

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Vac = vacuum, does the compressor go on at all, even for a few minutes? If it does then opening the unit and vacuuming the coils will probably do the trick. It could also be a temperature sensor, not necessarily the compressor.

gotreef

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the suggestions. I contacted hamilton and they are trying to help as well. The compressor doesn't click on at all, and I like the idea of taking it to an AC repair to see what they think. I've called a couple places and I can't get passed the receptionist because they have no idea what I'm talking about. anyone from Manhattan have a specific repair shop in mind? I'm going to open up the unit today and see what I can find with an inexperienced eye. I suspect it will look completely normal to me.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
Thanks for all the suggestions. I contacted hamilton and they are trying to help as well. The compressor doesn't click on at all, and I like the idea of taking it to an AC repair to see what they think. I've called a couple places and I can't get passed the receptionist because they have no idea what I'm talking about. anyone from Manhattan have a specific repair shop in mind? I'm going to open up the unit today and see what I can find with an inexperienced eye. I suspect it will look completely normal to me.

i would just bring it in. its basically an a/c.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: