duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
Anyone get one? Just got mine from Cody at extreme aqua of NJ in one day :) he is awesome. So far this pump is so powerful. I don't even think I would need my mp40 on the other side of my 180. The center of my tank which always had little movement with 2 mp40s is making the corals placed there move amazingly. I know it's early but so far A++++

arthurk0722

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
+1 if possible to post up a video or something. Was really thinking abut getting one.. For the people that have it whats so different about it compared to a powerhead?

cody0709

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
This will help explain the concept - A gyre in oceanography is any large system of rotating ocean currents, particularly those involved with large wind movements. Gyres are caused by the Coriolis Effect; planetary vorticity along with horizontal and vertical friction, which determine the circulation patterns from the wind curl (torque).[1] The term gyre can be used to refer to any type of vortex in the air or the sea, even one that is man-made, but it is most commonly used in oceanography to refer to the major ocean systems.

B.BASH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Not a huge fan of the flow pattern in my tank it causes my fish to swim in the same direction against current otherwise the pump is plenty powerful and nice design its loud out of the box but coralvue claims a 2-4 week break in period

Last edited:

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Just set mine up. Tank is 36x36 so not huge footprint, I shut off the other power heads and it's moving water in tank extremely well and it's dialed down on third setting and may go down one more for a bit so everything can adjust.
It is a bit loud, but no louder than other pumps imo
I think it has a sleeker look in the tank and the magnets were easier to line up than vortechs which make that vibrating sound when not seated properly

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: