Cave Dweller

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I've seen people talk about soaking it in pure vinegar for hrs or a day, or a mix of water and vinegar etc.

Frankly I don't mind having like a 50/50 mix of the 2, but is it better to soak the parts or actually run the skimmer in a tub with this mix? It looks pretty clean already but I'd rather clean it up again...

What have you guys done to clean a skimmer?

jvu61

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if t was me I run I a few hours to get all the moving pump parts clean. I would just ck with the mag. to make sure the vinegar will not damage anything first

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Just a note to maybe limit contact with your bathtub (not sure if you mean like INSIDE your bathtub or in a plastic tub/container) if only to consider any left over soap etc residues.

When I've had to use my bathtub for stuff like that I've always let it rinse/flush a lot by running the shower and wiping it out a couple of times with a white towel I use only for reef stuff and can easily bleach and double rinse before I use it again.

I may be doing it overkill. Lol, but that's why it takes me a day.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: