greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Please post pictures of you Aquarium Engineering Equipment. Interested to see how you have set up . Pumps feeding the sulfur and calcium reactor/ skimmer on left , calcium reactor middle and sulfur reactor on right . Will post full skimmer picture soon .

Attachments

• new sps reactor 003.jpg
    new sps reactor 003.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 290
  • new sps reactor 015.jpg
    new sps reactor 015.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 284

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Storm this is on main display . Was struggling with hobby grade equipment. Went for the top of the line. There are three 4 foot by 8 foot by 16" tall displays running a 250 watt metal halide's on a light rail . Was a anemone guy moving up to play with the SPS guys.

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Storm no as bad as you think. Not giving out number . If I had a dollar for all the equipment I tried before this I would have paid for this equipment and had money left over for a nice vacation. I was in the skimmer of the month club from bubble king to the reef dynamic's that I have on here for sale. A bit of advice find some one who knows what they are doing and follow in there foot steps. Every company told me there's is the best bah humbug to that . Like Paul B says you need to feed your fish you also need export to get rid of what you put into tank.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Hi r those peristaltic pumps or vacuum ? I top off with kalk and use a mighty flex but would be too loud to listen too all the time r those loud I'm using a sm maxi Jett to feed cal reactor for now but know it's only a matter of time till it craps out hopefully I'll be home

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Pecan you kill me !!! LOL I am running 250 Watt Metal Halides on a light rail I will try to post a picture tonight / did you get the crap sun from pseudo ???? .. All I know is after putting m/h back on anemones came out of hiding the leds are not for me . Matt there is some noise from the master flex pumps , it seems if you run a smaller diameter tubing it is noiser . Try to use the largest tubing you can for the head unit you are running. The up grade is to be more spot on with the dosing and keeping parameter in check . I haven't seen this many tank crashes and people getting out of the hobby in a long time.

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Yes Jazeel leds retired , you can try your local aquarium stores or wait for a member on here to sell a split for another anemone . I am trying to find other who are running aquarium engineering equipment . Also to share my experience with reactors and controller other than hobby grade .

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Lol Greg :D
If I could go back to MH/VHO, I would but heat was an issue for the fish room. Chillers for the tanks, AC for the room because of the chillers, it was a never ending battle.
Kasei is hanging on to your Pac Sun, can't seem to pry it out of his hand Lol.
Surprisingly my 2nd gen Pac Sun (just blue & whites) does well for the nems, been on this tank for about 4 years now:

Jazeel55

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Question though you have all that high tech equipment why does nothing survive in your tank. Maybe you should get back to simplicity. There nothing wrong with low tech and high speed. Your high tech and all your live stock continues to die. Hmmmmmmm

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: