Rating - 100%
36   0   1
2 rw-4 would be ok but you would have dead spots on that tall of the tank. I have my gyre near the top and virtually no dead spot avoiding cyano bacteria and other things relating to lack of flow. Each pump is going to cost you minimum new 80 which will be the same as a gyre 150

Chefjpaul

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I have no dead spots. Depending on the layout of rock work, geometry of placement, power settings, you should be fine.

Those are powerful little pumps for the money.

Edt: I personally went this route as I like more random flow, you can create with two pumps, not a constant

Last edited:

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Im running 3 rw8's in a 65 along with a wp25 on my 65 gallon. I am running an sps dominated system and IMO one can never have too much flow. Being that you have a softie dominated tank you might want less flow. Note I have lots of LPS and they are doing well with all the flow.

Odysi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Hey clink I have the photon 24 aswell, but I feel on a 36" tank it leaves the sides dim. Not sure if that concerns you. It's a good place to keep low light coral, but if your going for sps dominate end to end tank I would go with the photon 32

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: