reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Hey, I was wondering if anyone has experience hard plumbing these jebao pumps into systems. I've heard they have a british thread and cant seem to find one online.

For those that plumbed it, do did you need some form of adapter for the threading on the actual unit?

greengny

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Hey. Info is all over the place regarding connections for these pumps. Perhaps the manufacturing has changed since introduction. Last year I had a 9000 and was able to use a standard 1 1/4 " FPT PVC. Upgraded to a 12000 and am using 1 1/2" FPT PVC.

Pick up a 1 1/4" from H/D and give it a try. Don't force it of course, but hopefully it will fit for you too.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
ok thanks for the help guys. i never looked at the date on that video i saw, and i tried searching jebao in the threads before posting but all i saw were posts about selling the units or threads where someone had mentioned jebao within one of the posts without any mention of plumbing.

I'll just bring the pump with me to home depot to be on the safe side.

Hey. Info is all over the place regarding connections for these pumps. Perhaps the manufacturing has changed since introduction. Last year I had a 9000 and was able to use a standard 1 1/4 " FPT PVC. Upgraded to a 12000 and am using 1 1/2" FPT PVC.

Pick up a 1 1/4" from H/D and give it a try. Don't force it of course, but hopefully it will fit for you too.

yupppp. Picked all my plumbing up from HD and went on smooth. I to was scared about finding a adapter, I think they changed there there threading sometime back. Definitely go with the newer JCT line of pumps though.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
yupppp. Picked all my plumbing up from HD and went on smooth. I to was scared about finding a adapter, I think they changed there there threading sometime back. Definitely go with the newer JCT line of pumps though.

I already own the older version (blue pump)... :/. purchased it about 3 weeks ago

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
I actually had just ordered a second 9000 today because i figure ill want a back up... should i cancel that order and get one of the newer ones? what is the benefit of the newer one? I would have to drop down to the 8000 model I would assume.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
ok well I cancelled the order of the second 9000... figure i can always re-order it. amazon has the 8000 only like $6 more expensive than the 9000.

What is the outlet size of the 8000. If its not 1.5" I may just stick with the 9000, that way it will actually serve as a proper backup. Otherwise I will need to make an additional plumbing part for the spare pump as it wouldnt fit into the 1.5" NPT of the 9000.

ok well I cancelled the order of the second 9000... figure i can always re-order it. amazon has the 8000 only like $6 more expensive than the 9000.

What is the outlet size of the 8000. If its not 1.5" I may just stick with the 9000, that way it will actually serve as a proper backup. Otherwise I will need to make an additional plumbing part for the spare pump as it wouldnt fit into the 1.5" NPT of the 9000.

Pretty sure my dct6000 is 1.5npt. The newer models have 10 speeds, and they come in handy because these pumps are really powerful. They allow u to dial in on the right water flow for your drain and return.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
well i was going to have a ball valve to control the flow as well, so if thats the only reason I'll probably go with the regular DC. Would give me the extra flow if i wanted plus its $6 cheaper :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: