adamizy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I just bought a setup a few weeks ago and the pump has been running for a few days now and the mag started making a rattling/rocking sound. I thought it was just the vibrations hitting the wall but it still rattles so I think the propellor is bad or something since when I first got it, it was jammed so I think I just need a new pump for my 57. What would be a good alternative pump that's dependable and as quiet as can be lol or just get a new 9.5?

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
that should be fine. thats the newer model one (gray vs blue). I have the blue one and like it, so im sure the gray ones are even better. Other than that, the 6000 should be fine for you. You'll probably need to dial it back too, theyre really strong.

reefiness

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
If it were me I wouldnt go any lower than the 6000 especially if you plan on tapping off of your return line for any reactors.

If you are just doing a return with that pump then it should be fine. According to the head pressure chart I found for that pump, at a 4 ft head pressure you will have about 525 GPH, which isnt terrible.

But if you can exchange it without having to pay any restocking fees or anything, I would still go with the bigger pump that way you have the extra flow if you need otherwise you can always dial it down.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: