drunkenclown

Active Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
hey everyone could use some help choosing new bulbs. was thinking of going with all ati bulbs. i have a 6ft aquatic life 8 bulb total t5 only fixture lighting a 6ft 125 mixed reef. sps lips softies leathers zoa's and palys. would like to get a clam and some more sps n chalices next and want to make sure my lights are up to par so to speak

was thinking of:

2 coral plus
4 blue plus
2 purple plus
or
2 coral plus
2 blue plus
2 actinic
2 purple

want the tank to have more of that blue look to it but also want to achieve good growth. are either of these good combos? what are u guys running? what do you suggest?

think i messed up tho went to my lfs and they only had aquablue specials so i bought those instead of the coral plus. does anyone know if there is a big difference? will these be ok?

also its a 2 channel fixture what bulbs would you pair together? currently i run blues on 10am-6pm whites on 12pm-4pm moonlights 6pm-10am is this good? what order should i change the bulbs? do i need to shorten my light cycle when i change bulbs so i don't shock my corals?

Dk638

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
140   0   0
I'm running
4 blue +
2 coral +
Purple +
Actinic
I was thinking of swapping out a coral + for an aqua blue special but I like the way my tank looks now. IMO 2 aquablue specials would be very white/yellow but 1 I think could be good

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: