Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am starting up my tank again. I am definitely going to be doing a FOWLR tank due to the fact that it is not a reef ready tank. I've had it set up before Hurricane Sandy wiped out all my livestock with the exception of a handful of hermits, margarita snails, and a purple lobster. The fish that I am interested in keeping are blue devil damsels, domino damsels, engineer gobies, a maroon clown, and a dwarf fuzzy lionfish. Are these fish compatible? My concern is that the lobster would feast on the smaller damsels and juvenile engineer gobies (if I can't get a mature one) and the lion would go after the damsels. My thoughts were getting the damsels established first before introducing the larger maroon and lion. Any advice would greatly be appreciated.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am forgoing the blue devils since they remain pretty small. I have always liked the domino damsels so I'll probably get one. I bought a maroon clown and bicolor angel over the weekend. I know they have pretty good tempers and are roughly the same size as the fuzzy dwarf if I decide to get one.

jdino

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had a fuzzy dwarf for a few years. I have a various other fish and have never had a problem with the lion fish. I also have a mid-size cleaner shrimp that he has never bothered. I suspect he might have consumed some of my smaller peppermint shrimp but have never seen him act aggressively. I was reluctant to get the fuzzy dwarf lion fish but I am glad I did. Its a fun fish to watch. I think it is also on of those fish you don't want to put in first. Better off putting him in an established tank. Maroon may turn out to be more aggressive then any others you have.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds good one of the figi, blue dot, toby puffers will be good. The bigger puffers like spiney puffer and p dogface will not be good.

You should be fine with a dwarf lionfish such as a fuman Chu or fuzzy. But I think the puffers a better choice lionfish do nothing except hide behind rocks. Puffers are intresting fish,

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: