AreUaBadFish2

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Maybe someone can explain what goin on. I have had a clown fish for a year now and recently bought another of the same size and color. For the first few days to a week it was acting normal. Swimming around , eating , playing amd swimming with my older clown fish. Then out of nowhere the newer one started hanging out in the corner of the tank all day and night, just hovering under my rock, been doing it for days now and today i noticed him behind the rock hiding just Hovering in place. My
Older clown goes back there periodically to try to hang out or get him from out behind the rock but no dice. Its just swimming in place behind the rock like a weird emo fish. All the levels in the tank are in normal ranges and that includes salinity. Whats his deal???? They are the only 2 fish in the tank aside from a pipe fish.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Hey man. Clowns have Wierd behaviors. My clown used to hang out in the top corner of the tank where return water is pumped back in. If he is eating then I really wouldent worry about anything. I was worried at first because he would hover there day and night but he eats and as time went on he started to explore and everything. Depends how long he's been in the tank and etc. If he's not eating then he maybe sick

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: