Hey guys, I thought it would be fun to do a show off thread to honor the sometimes forgotten hosts that aren't clownfish. I know I have a beautiful porcellain crab that hosts my blue haddoni and I'm looking for some sexy shrimp to host my electric green haddoni. Let's see what you have and thanks in advance for sharing!!

uzy6e8um.jpg

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Anemone shrimp. Was in one of my nems but got kicked out by the clowns. Since then it never left this Gonipora. Which is kind of weird because the goni is in the front of the tank and it gets sting all the time from the gold torch. Also, I kind of knocked it off the goni a few times by accident when I use the algae cleaner to clean the glass. But it goes right back and refuses to leave its host.

Attachments

• 2014-09-14 20.36.56.jpg
    2014-09-14 20.36.56.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 164

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Sorry, I just realized that you were looking for cases where the anemone is the host.
Here is a picture of my porcelain crab and its host GBTA. The female clown is not allowed to go into the nem. She doesn't mind because she has 3 other nems for herself and her boyfriend. But she still like to go bug the porcelain crab. He puts up a good fight and the clown usually ends up spending most of the time at the foot of the nem. I took a video of this a few months ago, this is a screen-clip from the video.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2014-09-15 23.01.49.jpg
    Screenshot 2014-09-15 23.01.49.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 156

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: