krak256

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
I have a clownfish with lymphocystis. I read that it's not curable and that it can possibly affect other fish in the tank.

My question is, what should I do to make the symptoms go away and do I need to restart my reef in order to prevent my other fish from contracting lymphocystis?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
This is a picture of what lymphocystis looks like. One of the most common causes comes from when a fish is caught in a net, resulting in the diseases.
Lymph2.jpg

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi krak256 ;-)

marrone already told you what is is and what to do, here in this thread you have some more details, post n? 5 puffer illness please help save my puffer!

Please follow marrone comments

marrone said:
It's not particularly contagious and usually will clear up with good water conditions and feeding the fish a good diet.

So basically do nothing except make sure you're water quality is good and the fish is eating.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

krak256

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
thanks for the link. i will follow it. yes, im positive that its lymphcystis, white cauliflower like spots.

my water conditions are fine... only have about 5 ppm nitrates which i'm trying to work down. just built a refuge in my 14g biocube. i think what is aggravating/stressing her out is the fact that I just added a new clownfish to pair up. should I get rid of the new clown? she spends all day chasing him... which deff is causing both of them stress.

krak256

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
97   0   0
i'm feeding my fish omega one flakes (veggie and meat), cyclopeeze, and mysis shrimp. I dose my food with selcon/vitachem/garlic extreme. should this be enough and considered good food?

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm feeding my fish omega one flakes (veggie and meat), cyclopeeze, and mysis shrimp. I dose my food with selcon/vitachem/garlic extreme. should this be enough and considered good food?

Hi krak256 ;-)
I believe yes it is good and varied food but it might be to enriched with vitamins, so please don't overdo the vitachem as the food it self contains a significant amount of vitamins already and since it is varied, even more.

Concerning the new clown, you should consider removal...its not the case that it will not end up accepted by the others... the thing is..at what price...there will be lots of bickering before and this is not a good thing as it will stress all clowns as well some of the other fish as well as the owner, you.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

Lenny718

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Hi krak256 ;-)
I believe yes it is good and varied food but it might be to enriched with vitamins, so please don't overdo the vitachem as the food it self contains a significant amount of vitamins already and since it is varied, even more.

Concerning the new clown, you should consider removal...its not the case that it will not end up accepted by the others... the thing is..at what price...there will be lots of bickering before and this is not a good thing as it will stress all clowns as well some of the other fish as well as the owner, you.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)
Pedro, MR should make you a moderator! Your advice is always helpful and to the point, plus I love the links you put in your post. Keep up the good work buddy! :backtotop :eek:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: