seascape

Acan Crazy
Rating - 100%
68   0   0
its called garlic extreme you can get it at LFS you mix it so many drops to size of your tank instructions are on it with the food you feed your fish i use it.

TOTAL AQUARIUMS

Chief of the Tang Police
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
There are several companies that sell a garlic food soak. It acts as a food attractant and helps to prevent ich. Although, healthy happy fish are less likely to catch it in the first place so diet in general plays a role. I wouldn't rely on it as the be all end all ich prevention but it can help.

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
so far so good i have been using garlic , someone here gave me a tang without telling me it had ich and it spread throughtout my tank, even though it was my fault i should of put it in a separate tank to check it out,kindda hard though since it was a big Fish and keeping it in a 10 gallon would be mean. i use formula 2 marine pellets small or med with frozen food mysis etc, melt the frozen food first in a strainer then add it in a cup with the pellets and add garlic in it and stir it and let it soak for a couple hours make a whole bunch refridge it and use it again. so far all my fish love the stuff even my lionfish he eats pellets too, they have no sign of it. it took less than a month but they were all healthy to start out with. i also have a yellow tang that caught it and tangs i guess are always getting ich and so far she has none on her anymore,i'm not saying its gone but keeping em well fed helps.

ClosetFishGeek

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
114   0   0
put some garlic in a cuisinart and mince.....add a little r/o and you have a potent garlic elixer.....:splitspin...i put garlic in my fish food at least once a week...i alternate between garlic and selcon.

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
If you strain the blender liquid through some cheesecloth or just wring it out through a towel into a bowl. You will get pure garlic juice and the garlic meat will be left behind.
About 25-30 large cloves to 1/2-3/4 cup of water

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: