kimbaco6

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a 29 gallon, and I love gobies.

I read that they don't get along with each other in the same tank (or a small tank like mine).

Does that go for just the same type or can I mix different types? Like getting a clown goby and a watchman goby?

rickb

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I think you'd be ok. the clown chills up on the rocks and the watchman under them, so they might not really run into eachother.

kimbaco6

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Ok. I have lots of live rock with many little nooks.

I was a bit worried about reading that the watchman likes to mess with the rock formation when he burrows. My rock is pretty heavy but would be a shame to get it all settled with live coral, etc and then have it collapse...

tentacles

cephalopod enthusiast
Rating - 95%
38   2   0
Yes you can. Like rickb said, the clown usually perches on the rocks while the watchman is usually on the bottom in a cave. I've kept the two together successfully. You'd have to use more caution if you were going to add say an engineer goby with the watchman, since they both prefer the sandbed, but you should be absolutely fine with a watchman and a clown goby.

DREUTZ

Reefs R Madness!
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I had luck with adding 2 bottom dwelling shrimp gobies. I had a Yasha and a high fin red banded goby and for a while they we on opposite sides of my tank (29 gallon BC). One day they were practically sharing a burrow together within inches of eachother hanging out and stayed like that for a while. Yasha has died since they became buddies, but I don't think the other goby had anything to do with it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: