FishLife-Aquariums

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
"Arid on an Ocean"

?BigDogs Ocean View?

2200gallon system

Thetank is 13ft by 40''x40'' on the tank he has 16 Ecotech Radion gen 2 ledlights. This is very cool during sunrise and sunset and a lightning storm thatis unreal.

Belowthe lights he has about 100 different fish swimming around with a naso blonde12'' and an Achilles tang that just makes the tank pop on its own. But belowthe fish are about 2,000lb of live rock and 3 years of coral growth. In thetank there are some very stunning Acro colonies. Just to the left of the liverock and across is a supersized gig. clam it?s about 3ft long 19'' wide this isa stunning show piece that hosts two breeding pair clownfish, every few weeksthe clownfish that host the clam lay eggs on the mantle rim.

Keepingall the corals and fish active are a few MP60's and a few MP40's along with seaswirls. With all these different pumps? going on the current in the tank isalways changing threw out the day.

Nowwe leave the relaxing display room to head to the kitchen:

Hereis where all the foods are kept; he feeds a variety of seaweeds, dry foods,such as new era and Gonipowder, along with live phytoplankton, Mysis andsilversides.

Soafter we have are fun feeding frenzy we go to the basement or should I say mancave aquarium room/ control room.

As uwalk down the steps to the left is a 240 gallon lit refugium which is split intwo parts, on the left is a 2 pound spiny lobster he has had since it was thesize of your thumb. On the right side there are different types of algaegrowing and if u look up close u can see all the seahorses he has along with abatfish. Under the tank are the main pumps (hammerhead-hybrid) and the 300 wattUV sterilizers along with 1/2 HP chiller, to the right of the 240 gallonrefugium is the 200 gallon sump

Nowwere in the sump were there are controllers a computer, live camera all hookedup to the apex controller system. Everything is monitored and recorded threwapex. He takes it one more step further by keeping his own journal to hand testand double checks that the apex probes readings are accurate. He is alsotesting new product called the "Seneye" (which we will be carrying atFishlife Aquariums) on the top left of the sump is the MTC skimmer which alsohas a dedicated pump for it. He is also running a separate pump for two GFOreactors. To the right of the sump is the 300 gallon dark refugium where he hassome tunicates and sponges growing out of control. Next to that is the MTCcalcium reactor.

Waterchanges we do about 120 gallons every 3 weeks and we have a freshwater vat andsaltwater vat to do quick water changes. The salt we use on this system isInstant Ocean sea salt (not the reef crystals).

Therehas been a few issues along the road, I have had an anemone get chopped up andmilk the tank, I also get some algae from time to time the phosphate levels werealways up no matter what I was trying I couldn?t get the phosphates down to thelevel I was looking for. I was replacing phosphate media hand over hand. So I didsome research and found out about this ARID reactor and what it does. So I thoughtthis would be a great experiment to run it on a reef system this large and chow this reactor will help the whole ecosystem. :bablefish

Attachments

• photo 4.JPG
    photo 4.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 373
  • photo 5.jpg
    photo 5.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 376
  • photo 6.jpg
    photo 6.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 377
  • photo 7.jpg
    photo 7.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 374
  • photo 8.jpg
    photo 8.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 372
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 375
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 374
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

Pax-Bellum LLC

Experienced Reefer
Vendor
-For the record, the ARID Commercial Reactor has not been installed on this system yet and is NOT seen in any pictures on this thread-

We are currently in production of the Commercial ARID unit that is made up 8 chambers for this system.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: