nyshoots

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I'm not to concerned because all my corals are doing fine but my parameters are as follows

Salinity 1.026 refractometer

Temp 78.8

PH 7.8 API

Nitrate 0 API

Phosphate 0 salifert

Ca 420 salifert & red sea pro

Dkh 6.7 - 7.0 salifert & red sea pro

Mg 1400 red sea pro

Test done at 1pm 3 hours after daylights came on 1 week after last water change.

I don't know if I should start dosing or doing small daily water changes to keep levels up and stable ? My tank is only 29 gallons so doing a daily 1 gallon change wouldn't be to bad ???

I have a mixed reef with a lot of sps

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

CoralMeister

The Flying Reefer
Rating - 100%
50   0   0
Since you have only a 29g , its not surprising you have a slight swing in parameters, which is not such a bad one either. Do weekly water changes, not daily, because there is a risk you might swing your parameters even more if you do daily water changes in such a small tank volume. You mentioned a lot of sps and mixed corals, and thats the reason for low Dkh , following low calcium levels. So the solution IMO is: weekly water changes and set up a daily dosing regiment of Ca and Alk. Follow up on test results weekly and check to see if they have somewhat stabilized.

Hope I help :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: