House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
All,

I know this may come across as weird, but I am feeling that giving back to the community is a good thing and that "what comes around goes around", good Karma and the whole nine yards.

I have been mulling this over for some time and have finally decided to post this request as a gift or pledge back to the community and not a donation to a fellow reefer.

As you are aware, Randy (Prattreef) is looking to replace his display acrylic tank since it recently cracked and was reinforced/repaired and is in a bit of a mess. It desperately needs replacing (my emphasis) and would like to start a fund drive for helping him gather the funds to replace this tank. In the past, Pratt would get everything donated from companies, but, as you know, companies run tighter margins than ever and getting a donation of a 210g tank is a bit of a reach for most, if not all aquarium companies.

The tank is going to be a glass 240g - dimensions 8'x2'x25" with a hand sculpted steel frame from one of the students (jury is still out on this one as a wooden stand and hood may be used). Tank is being ordered from Glass Cages and will have a starphire front - more details to follow.

That being said, I would like to coordinate the efforts of gathering the funds from those who would like to contribute to this cause. I have chosen to donate $100 and am asking any willing members who care to donate to do the following:
  • Consider donating anything $5, $10, $50 - anything will help this along.
  • Post in this thread of your intention to make a pledge
  • Alert PreatReef that you are placing a pledge/donation with the time and amount of donation.
I will coordinate the collection of funds with each pledge via private message. If anyone wants to remain anonymous to the pledging on the thread, please feel free to do the above eliminating the notation on the thread and PM me instead. Donations of useful equipment will also be considered. Pledges will be accepted up until July 20th.

Disclaimer: I know not everyone is interested in doing something like this and don't expect everyone to participate. Those that do, I am sure will get recognized some way when Prattreef finally installs the new system.

Please only post on this thread if you intend to donate, support or just give a woot out to PrattReef.

The cost for the tank delivered is $950, but as you know there are major set up costs like plumbing parts etc. I would anticipate plumbing to cost over $200 - so, the goal, let's say is $1300

Pledge Tracker

Pledged to date: $1359.20

Collected to date: $1300. - actually collected means we reached the goal!!! And will exceed when the rest of the membership makes good on thier pledges. Watch the ticker spin off the dial! CONGRATULATIONS MR for making this the best (most generous) damn reef club EVER!

Goal: $1300

House

Last edited:

joe

Rating - 95.8%
23   1   0
Where do we donate the money too?
does Randy need frags?
that might be easier for some people to gve then money.
anyway i did sell the dendro colony and i promissed a MR donation, is that wrong if i redirect it to pratreef?

joe

LeslieS

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
All of you have given tons of time and advice. I am happy for the opportunity to give back to the MR community. :goldfish2 I sent you a PM.

Leslie

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Leslie,

Responded with directions on how to proceed.

Joe, this is about getting Prattreef a new display tank - from which many MR members have reaped benefits (frags) for free. So, the donations are going to go directly to the purchase of a new display tank for the Writing Center.

Any other questions feel free to ask.

House

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Whats up Jim
you got PP as well ,Wish i could of gave more ..Buti know every littel bit helps ,,,,What a great community

Good luck

Ronen

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: