Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I just restated and expanded a little on exactly what the OP stated in his first post.

I'm not here to cause trouble. I'm simply stating that there can be issues and there should be things to watch for. Nowhere have I compared anything other than time spent and prices. And All I stated were actually to the pumps benefit. I just merely stated a warning for those thinking this is just as good and at 1/4th the price. People don't like to read past the price tag sometimes.

And yes, I might have made a conjecture with the odyssea company comparison. I don't know other than what i've read on 2 different threads elsewhere that stated they were the same but under new ownership. I'm just relaying that information here because its important.

Look, there are multiple products that come out every year. I can link a LED that had the same hype, same price difference, ect and failed miserably. And there is a big difference between getting a product you paid for and trying to get that product repaired. Can anyone ship one over to get repaired to see how bad or good that experience is?

Other than that the pump looks and performs great, especially for the price tag.

I didn't say you were causing trouble. You've made valid points, and if the juice is worth the squeeze, I'm happy for those that saved a chunk of change. On the same token as people don't see past the price tag, many people that are reading this thread is looking for an opportune moment to jump on the offense. Be it to defend what they've spent their hard earned money on, or just for kicks; who knows.

Back to usability and functionality of this pump...

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
taken from RC thread
pic of the controller:
8566422534_fd8d82599d_c.jpg

Tunze 6105 above WP-40 size comparison
8566363538_4054e0a21e_c.jpg

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Interesting.
I would not have done a write up on them to spread the word like that without trying it first (at least not on that kind of platform).

Also, the information seems off.

Like, we all know the sensors are not to be lauded and the price is closer to $100 than the $150 in the article.

Also, the article is likely to suggest to people who are not likely to do tons of research (i.e. read tons of threads from folks that have actually used it) that you can truly adjust the flow (more than just the low/high version of wave modes).

Meh.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Interesting.
I would not have done a write up on them to spread the word like that without trying it first (at least not on that kind of platform).

Like, we all know the sensors are not to be lauded and the price is closer to $100 than the $150 in the article.

Also, the article is likely to suggest to people who are not likely to do tons of research (i.e. read tons of threads from folks that have actually used it) that you can truly adjust the flow (more than just the low/high version of wave modes).

Meh.

I agree.

The recognition is nice to spread the word, but the whole write up seems like an afterthought.

duke62

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
224   0   0
You can only adjust the flow with a mod its not factory set so thats where that comment came from. And im sure they are going on the same thing Im going on with these pumps that there track record for salt water pumps are not good. Reefbuilders are usually on point with reviews. Like i said before buyer beware :)

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
You can only adjust the flow with a mod its not factory set so thats where that comment came from. And im sure they are going on the same thing Im going on with these pumps that there track record for salt water pumps are not good. Reefbuilders are usually on point with reviews. Like i said before buyer beware :)

I agree with that as well. Even though they aren't "Jebo", they don't have any reputation as of now.

I'm a risk taker, its in my nature. It can be very rewarding, but you also have to be prepared for any consequences. So far so good though.

The ultimate arduino project would be to sync these pumps to current weather conditions in places like Fiji or the great barrier reef, along with leds on the same dimming ports. It'll happen, and I'm looking forward to the day it does. Ecotech has much of the infrastructure in place to do it with Ecosmart, so I hope they come up with something before us DIY folk do :)

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
This thread is only for discussion of this unit, not for gauging interest for a GB.

Keep that to PM's only between yourselves, or this thread will be closed.

Let's not go there folks.

Thanks

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Interesting.

Meh.

I disagreed with you in that.
Reefbuilders is a reef news reporting website, both good or bad. So basically any products released and pass by them, they MAY(or may not) report their existence. The article is clearly not a "review" but a "first glance" much like a cel. phone debut, everyone can mention the spec and brat about what it can or cannot do. The user/buyer has to ultimately make the shot.

My friend is testing it with a dial type flow control. I will let you guys know how it goes.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My apex connector module for my second pump is being delivered today. I should be able to connect it tonight and do a video of the pumps synced. I'm actually kind of worried of the size of the wave, so I'll set the max intensity at 50% to start and work my way up.

SPotter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
My apex connector module for my second pump is being delivered today. I should be able to connect it tonight and do a video of the pumps synced. I'm actually kind of worried of the size of the wave, so I'll set the max intensity at 50% to start and work my way up.

where did you get it from and will it allow you to use some of the vortech settings already in the apex?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: