bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
where did you get it from and will it allow you to use some of the vortech settings already in the apex?

The module is listed in the how-to I wrote on the first page. It runs around $40, which is almost half the cost of the pump itself. I've been looking into cheaper options, and I may have found one shipped from china. I'll test it once I get it.

I figured the Vortech settings may only work with the WXM module, but I'll give them a shot tonight. I doubt it'll work, but who knows.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
great! have you looked at what the guys at reef angel came up with? Im curious if that will work on the apex as well.

Their programming wont work, but the harness will.

Their cable removes the Jebao controller completely. That is fine for a Reef Angel, where they can program random flow ramping, but the apex programming is more rigid and won't allow it. Keeping the jebao controller connected keeps that option with the ELSE mode.

DeeFromBrooklyn

Reef Nut
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Objective Opinion

While there are many side and views on the performance of a product I find this very helpful. I have used several products from Jebao and had quite the bang for the buck. Have any of you had any noise issues with the pump? I have an Apex but don't see the need if the unit comes with the night sensor. It's listed for $85 on the site listed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPSmuNEmtbs

:type:

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I got the two pumps synced with the apex! Just like I thought, it makes a giant wave at 70% intensity. Going to make a vid later of it. It easily pushes more water than my MP40's did.

The Vortech modes for the WXM module do not work for these.

Last edited:

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I could only run both pumps anti-synced at 100% with my return pump off, or else there was a chance I'd spill over. Crazy powerful.

I need to find out how to write better profiles though. I'd like to be able to switch between a wave mode, and steady random flow at will with the flick of an outlet.

fishman1069

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
The pumps definitely look strong but the thing I dint like is there's no chaotic movement. I mean the corals look like they are just getting jerked back and forth instead of swaying in the flow.. The fish looked a little pissed with it also. JMO

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The pumps definitely look strong but the thing I dint like is there's no chaotic movement. I mean the corals look like they are just getting jerked back and forth instead of swaying in the flow.. The fish looked a little pissed with it also. JMO

That's just a wave mode programmed into the apex with a tunze profile. The "ELSE" mode on the Jebao controller has the random flow, which I would use more often. There is no way I would run a wave that high normally.

I'm going to try that next, with just an intensity setting, and synched.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
with an apex you could use a virtual outlet to turn on a specific profile. make a virtual outlet then turn each on and off at will
I could only run both pumps anti-synced at 100% with my return pump off, or else there was a chance I'd spill over. Crazy powerful.

I need to find out how to write better profiles though. I'd like to be able to switch between a wave mode, and steady random flow at will with the flick of an outlet.

SPotter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0

I think if you run one on the W1 mode and one on the Else mode you should be able to get the waves and random chaotic movement.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
the video is impressive. I think the main test would be longevity of these products. Im not sure how can it compare to a tunze pump. Tunze are very reliable and come with two year warranties. I must admit that i am thinking of purchasing one to test out.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: