SPotter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Last one of the night... this one is ELSE mode on the left side and the right on an apex programmed wave similar to W1 like in the previous videos. Both at ~60%.

This would actually be usable day to day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcQHRQ2TINw

That looks like a winner!!!!! I get the one I ordered tomorrow. I have two tunze 6105's and I will see how I can use one of them with the wp40. Not ready to sell them yet not at least until I see the durability of the wp40.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It's kinda crazy if you think about it. 2 Apex controlled pumps that can throw the water out of a 6ft tank at full power, for the cost of an MP10w. If these last and can keep good quality control, lots of people are going to be using them.

I need to take a pic of the battery backup too.

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Yeah, that looks a lot better. I'm thinking of getting one to go opposite 2 1400 koralias in my 125. BTW, your tank looks great!

I got rid of my two 1400 koralias because they just couldn't do the job on their own in a 125. 3 or 4 would work a little better, but still wouldn't really get any random flow. 2 MP40s were a big upgrade over it.

I recommend only 1 of these in a 125. Just one puts out more than enough power, which still needs to be turned down most of the time. Using two of these synched in a 125 at 60% power or more is downright scary.

kidninja

Nemo Assassin
Rating - 100%
169   0   0
At some point with the random flow, even in ELSE mode (Reef Crest) two of these would spill water all over your floor. Even one would be too powerful without using a power supply with voltage sliders to dial it down.

yea i would be getting the universal adapter to turn the flow down

SPotter

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
here is mine on a 72x36x28 tank. Its in W1 mode, 24v and knob turned all the way to the left. Moves a good amount of water on the left side of the tank but pretty calm on the right. Two of these would definitely create a nice wave. Will probably use in conjuction with one of my 6105's

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/j6UoXbp-SPo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Lostinthedark

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A question for those who already have the pump. I got mine and its great. I use W2 on the WP40 on 1 side and a Korella 1500 on the other and everything sway nice. I like the light sensor but, is it supposed to go in all the way? Mine only goes in about 3/8 of an inch and I notice at night that it sometimes goes into full power mode and then back. Should it go in further to make better contact or is that the way it works?

bhazard451

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
A question for those who already have the pump. I got mine and its great. I use W2 on the WP40 on 1 side and a Korella 1500 on the other and everything sway nice. I like the light sensor but, is it supposed to go in all the way? Mine only goes in about 3/8 of an inch and I notice at night that it sometimes goes into full power mode and then back. Should it go in further to make better contact or is that the way it works?

Mine went all the way in.

I would suggest just getting rid of it completely. Its too sensitive, and not reliable to use. Use it on a timer and keep the Koralia running at night if you need to, or use a reef controller like mentioned earlier. My pumps cut down to 30% power through my apex after 10pm.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: