cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Oh I thought you meant it was 40" wide. I think it all depends where you will be viewing from. I like taller stands but my bedroom tank is a bit lower and is good from the bed. If dubs stand was any higher his lights wouldn't fit.

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
I like my tank sometime it feels like am in it the wall of a reef is pretty cool u can Def go this tall tank route but u have to have a short stand and u will have to get short and fat equipment to accommodate the short Stand 40 is Def too high I don't think anything over 24" will be good look imo and I custom made my stand so I tried few different height

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
so for a 150 or a 200 whats a good stand height im going cutom i was thinking 40 inches wuts a good height

I think 36" stand height is perfect (the height of my current stand). It puts the tank just at eye level. I was never a fan of low standard stands. That's for look down tanks :)

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
i had a custom stand on my 120 i made it 38 those 2 inches made a difference but it still had a good viewing height although my current 220 is only 36 high and that looks good too go with what you like bro your the one thats gonna be looking at it everyday

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
wins, i think the Marineland DD tanks are what you might be looking for, as far as stand goes, do the height you feel or like the best taking into consideration equipment needs underneath
the marineland 200DD is a nice tank, or you could go with the 150 cube 36x36x27

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: