b-ridge

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 87.8%
79   11   0
@mattl22
Why do you think your issue is velvet and possibly ich? When you say let it run it's course are you saying your gonna wait till all your fish die, let the tank go fallow for 8-12 weeks? With the velvet doesn't it stay in the tank no matter what unless it's treated?

timberwolfny

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
the survivors survives because they gain natural immunity to certain diseases. most fish diseases like ick will run it course no host no ick. that is why some say let the tank run fallow this speeds up the process

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
What ever you got is spreading and killing your fish. If you can catch whatever is left and Treat in QT tank you can save them. Copper used right will work the best in QT. You are now committed not to add any fish for a few months. My advise set up nice QT and buy fish you like. After no more deaths do weekly water changes. Now would be a waste. Like stated its got to run its course. Once the spreading and deaths in tank stop. .You can start water changes. I would suggest looking into Uv lighting. I don't have one and times like this is when they work. That won't treat the fish but will kill what's floating in water. At least help spread of Parasites. Parasite are slowly eating your fish from inside out. Which cause fish to breathe heavy and hide to they die. Possible tank temp went down for awhile. Happens a lot when heat from house not on so much as temp outside isn't that cold. We all go through this some time. It's not your fault and don't get discourage.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Strange u mention the heat I have my heaters on a controller but talked to few ppl lost fish recently!

@ bridge yes the ick and velvet will still be present I'm not saying not to pull ur fish and qt I'm just not set up for it right now so I've decided to left the 7-8 fish that appear in affected try fight it off I might qt them still but I feel the fish that r affected in my tank r too far gone to pull them if I had a qt set up and running cycled etc I would have pulled them ASAP !

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: