polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
thanks guys...

The place I originally bought them from shows them as discontinued :(

I have a a bunch of them on my system, I like the ability to control rotation speed and rotation stopping points.

The only downfall with them is when power is lost, they lose their setting. I eventually have to get them on a small battery back up just for the minute gap until my generator starts.

Jim

grandmasterhash

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm a noobie so a basic question- what does this do exactly? I was reading that it is NOT a pump, so it doesn't pump out water into the various outlets at different times, right? How does this kind of thing work?

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I'm a noobie so a basic question- what does this do exactly? I was reading that it is NOT a pump, so it doesn't pump out water into the various outlets at different times, right? How does this kind of thing work?

Random, chaotic flow patterns have an extensive recognition as an essential aspect of advanced reef husbandry, the results of its integration noticeably increasing the vigor of the reef's inhabitants while greatly heightening the visual impact of the display. The Vertex? Mocean 3500 is an innovative approach to natural wave simulation in Modern Aquaria - one that forefronts unparalleled adjustability and adaptability.

A COMPLETE FLOW SOLUTION

Unlike other wave simulation devices, the Vertex? Mocean 3500 is uniquely capable of full 360? water dispersion at different speed settings, readily eliminating mono-directional water movement. The subsequent irregular flow freely decreases dead spots, mimics natural environmental flow patterns while improving the water quality and health of the captive biome.

INCREASED CAPABILITY For the larger flow demands of larger systems, the Vertex? Mocean 3500 has been reinforced to effortlessly accommodate upwards of 3500 GPH.

EXCLUSIVE FEATURES Up to 360? rotation, easily modifiable on-demand. Adjustable speed settings for maximum variability. Fully customizable programmability allows for limitless flow options. Multi size input fittings. Easy to install and operate. Modular capability allows for inline or oscillating power-head functionality. Adjustable mounting options.

TECHNICAL DATA:

Main Body 4?" x 6?" x 3?"
Controller 5?" x 3?" x 1?"
AC Main Power Input 90-220v, 50/60 Hz DC
power Input to unit 5v, 1.2a and 12va
Power Consumption @ 5v 0.48< AMP> 0.75
Rated up to 3500 GPH inline-flow.
- See more at: http://www.aquariumspecialty.com/vertex-mocean-3500#sthash.uk3JYycj.dpuf

grandmasterhash

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Uh... thanks. Yeah, i read that. I understand that "chaotic flow patterns have an extensive recognition as an essential aspect of advanced reef husbandry", etc.
My question is exactly how does this device operate such that it is "uniquely capable of full 360? water dispersion"? What are the connections to? Even the link to the "manual" doesn't describe exactly how it works..

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
MikeC, obviously knows about them :)

Jim

Not really I have just recently been trying to do some research and trying to decide for a new build between these and the Sea Swirl?

From what i understand these have a bad rep because they use to be put out by a different company that wasn't so great as far as customer service? and I'm not sure how much they have been revamped buy Vertex?

Im not totaly sure there is not that much feed back?
I got from some threads that i did find is that they are not water proof and subject to easy failure which is leaning me more towards the sea swirl.

Jim your experience with them has been good?
any feedback is appreciated ;)

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
generally good.
I don't like the fact that they lose their settings when the power goes out.
They are rather expensive for what they do.
Position and speed control is a ++

Also, they do have the same water level warnings as the sea swirl..
Jim C.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: