alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
As everyone here knows by now, this hobby takes up a lot of time, money, and effort, and often even frustration.

I'm curious what it is that motivates most of you in the hobby? The beauty of looking at it as living art? The fun of tinkering? The fascination with the science? The challenge to attain perfection? etc.

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
All the above and then some,,, I'm a new dad and this is something cool that as my family develops so will the tank. Ie, I bought 2 polyps of Rastas last year when my son was born now I've got like 30 of them.

Waleedwale1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
294   0   0
To spread stuff. I find it really cool. 6 months ago I bought a green pagoda cup from a friend and cut it up. I gave away at least 10 frags to people I trade with. Today I went to one of their houses and there I see a whole pagoda cup, that formed from a 2 inch frag that I gave him. It reduces the impact on natural reefs when you grow out and give away/trade/sell stuff.

QueensRob

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
There is no better therapy than to sit in front of a reef tank (SPS) and read a book, do research, or just to stare at it. Both my jobs are stressful but at the end of the day when I put my feet up to relax, this is what brings me the greatest joy and accomplishment.

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
There is no better therapy than to sit in front of a reef tank (SPS) and read a book, do research, or just to stare at it. Both my jobs are stressful but at the end of the day when I put my feet up to relax, this is what brings me the greatest joy and accomplishment.

I couldn't agree more. I just love the science and the animals. I honestly greatly enjoy this hobby.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Good trend, while I writing this I'm in Turk's on vacation and just finished some snorkeling. Like to have a piece of ocean in my house. Love for SPS and fish. It's in my man cave and for me its my time away from everbody. Even through the family enjoys it. Very addicting and it even has many opportunities to meet good people. Happy reefing everybody.....

saltwaterinbrooklyn

Pro hobby anti profit!
Rating - 100%
132   0   0
Good trend, while I writing this I'm in Turk's on vacation and just finished some snorkeling. Like to have a piece of ocean in my house. Love for SPS and fish. It's in my man cave and for me its my time away from everbody. Even through the family enjoys it. Very addicting and it even has many opportunities to meet good people. Happy reefing everybody.....

I'm gonna +1 this reply because the truth is that it is in fact very amazing to be able to balance sea life from around the world in one glass cube!

jr973

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
415   0   0
For me it's an escape from reality and the issues of life. After the water changes and param testing and glass cleaning is done I just sit back and watch my reef in action from a coco worm coming out to a mandarin gracefully cruising around the rock work looking for pods. This hobby has kept me indoors compared to before when I had no hobby and use to be out n about with my friends

Jzdad

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
The ability to have one of GODS greatest creations ( a piece of the ocean ) in your home
The growth of frags from an inch to colonies , awesome fish colors
The look of friends,family & kids when they say "Hey there goes Nemo !"
And mostly its just relaxing with a cold one and in between views from sports on TV
and all of the others ^^^

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: