Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I saw this at Pop coral and couldn't resist. I already fed it once, looks like it accepts reef roids.

edery3yv.jpg

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Some are photosynthetic others are not and have to be fed. So it really depends which you get. I have one I can give you a frag of if you want to try (photosynthetic). I would actually appreciate it since my tank is a bit neglected and this way you have a backup just in case something happens.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Awesome looking coral. I need to get one next time I am around pop corals. Are they difficult to keep?

The photosynthetic gorgs are moderately tough to keep. The non-photosynthetic are extremely difficult to sustain long term. I'm not saying impossible, but they are definitely very tough to sustain.

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Non Photosynthetic gorgs are supposedly tough because the food requirements. I have a photosynthetic gorgonia from Reef Gen (Tracy Morgonian Gorgonian,yep that's the name)that is doing great. It started as frag and now it's to 5" long. The Blueberry Gorgonia is much better in person (my android photo skills are not great)very healthy and the polyps are always open. I fed it twice so far.

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Ohhh man saltwater don't discourage me!!! I know it's a challenge, but hopefully I'll be up to it. I fed the fish today brine shrimps, and the blueberry grabbed what ever floated into its branches, so it does try to eat. Clown guru we are talking about a Gorgonia.

Paolissimo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
....so a little update..I had to move my blueberry gorgonia because my Anemone decided to park itself by the gorgonia. It's been there for two days I was hoping it would move but unfortunately it didn't. Honestly it didn't look like the anemone was stinging the gorgonia, but I decided to move it anyway.

Attachments

• 0801141450.jpg
    0801141450.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 0801141458.jpg
    0801141458.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 36
  • 0801141501.jpg
    0801141501.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 37

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: