evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I am pretty happy with the pump. It is quiet and powerful. Price is great as well!

Now onto the bad. I just bought my pump not even a month ago and the controllers speed indication lights are out. WTH is that about.

The night mode really sucks. One controller will show it is in night mode and the other is still pumping like normal. They are set to the same level on the wall next to the tank on overspill of my LEDs.

I hope reefbreeders will help rectify this issue.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Thanks. How long have you had yours?

The issue just started recently. It was working fine until I looked at it today and even restarting it didn't do anything.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I purchased mine from reefbreeders and I am glad I did. I just sent an email to them after I created this thread and they already responded + scheduled to send me a new controller.

Here is the video of my issue:
http://youtu.be/RWH_VCHl-_Q

It is a good product so I kept my YouTube video unlisted and reefbreeders plans to speak to the manufacturer about this issue.

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
mine is stuck only on one mode my S1 S2 S3 works fine, the problem is that i ant switch the flow modes and the lights on there on out. as i told you in PM, its killing me cause we bought 2 of them brand new .

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
mine is stuck only on one mode my S1 S2 S3 works fine, the problem is that i ant switch the flow modes and the lights on there on out. as i told you in PM, its killing me cause we bought 2 of them brand new .

That is weird because the RW series doesn't have a S1, S2, S3...

jebao-wave-maker-rw-8-16308-MLM20118663435_062014-O.jpg

BKLYNREEF123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have a wp25 and am very happy with it especially for the price. I have noticed that flow does seem to drop off drastically with a small amount of algae. This is easily fixed by a quick wipe down. It seems strange that a very thin film of algae would have such a drastic impact on flow. for the $ i dont mind pulling the pump and giving it a quick clean.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I have a wp60 on my 180, i think it is too powerful. I'm thinking of doing 2 of them on one side to break up the power.

Which 2 of the RW series would be good?

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
They are matched up like the rw15 is a wp40 rw8 is a wp25 and rw4 is a wp10.

I forget the number that matches up for the 60.

The controller needs work. I am having issues with the night sensor and indication lights. The pump itself works great and silent unless everything else is off you could not hear it.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I'm debating between 2 x rw15 or 2 x r28

With the new controller can you control it say to be 20/50/80% power? and can you also set so that if it is on else mode it only ramps to a certain amount? am I asking too much

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
No, the new controller has increments of 10%. 10, 20, 30%......

Else mode ramps automatically. There is no extra setting to how you like it. The controller is better than the originals but not in any way amazing.

I keep mine on W1 and just modify the speed on each one. Set night mode on so when lights go out they drop to constant speed at 10% and only touch it when it's time for feeding.

It's powerful and SILENT with a mediocre controller. If it had more controller options or gave it a more "luxury" feel then it would probably cost more and wouldn't be a great option as it is now.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Phone died when I was writing a reply.

The jist of it is most tank owners with 180+ I have read through trust tunze. I personally would go with a closed loop setup with tunze pumps as necessary. Vortech if Brand is important.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
I had a vortech mp40, it wasn't enough flow by itself, I sold it and picked up the wp60 the wp60 by itself is too strong and scares the fish.

I think I might do 2 x of the jebao w/ 2000 gph and set them on else.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
To me the option to adjust speed and minimal features like creating waves is important. The wireless function is a plus and not a must.

Depending on the look your going for the rw styling is a lot better than the wp series. Very very quiet near silent.

Go for it. Not much to lose.

My suggestion is to buy from reefbreeders. They have given me 110% customer satisfaction. Shipping is quick since their from either CT or MA. They took care of me when I informed them the controller took a crap. 2 days later new controller in hand.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Wp25 or rw8s

I have a 70 30x30 and I keep them about 30 and 40% on w1 and works well. Both on same back end glass.

The rw series is a bit more pricey but a little more control, a little less space, better style and wider flow.

I like the rw series better for the adjustable speed. I would go for Vortech but now I have the extra power if I ever need it and a little extra money because 2 mp40s or 1 mp40 and 1 mp10 would be a little over double the price when buying used. 2 rw8s will set you back only 180shipped

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: