Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
Hey MR,

I have a valentini puffer that I try to handfeed clams on the half shell every other day. He eats them quite well, however all my other fish come over and try to take the clams away.. I find it quite comical that my wrasse (melanarus, clownfish, blenny) go after the clams. Let it be known that they do eat them. As anyone else had this experience? I want to try to post a video because I laugh every time.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
every few days i open a muscle and drop it in my tank, and all my fish clean it to the shell, then i remove it. i have a valentini, tangs, wrasses, clowns and butter flies.
i buy a bag of muscles wash them and freeze them.

Reef lover24

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I haven't tried muscles yet but the clams they love.. I usually defrost them then clean them out of the shell and rinse off again then cut into pieces to handfeed. Never thought about just dropping it in and then cleaning it out once they are done.

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
115   0   0
I buy live clams and freeze them. I cut up the inside and feed my fish. I drop the shell in with some meat still attached so my puffers beak gets trimmed.

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
115   0   0
A little off topic but not to bad. I bought IQF clams as oppose to the clams I bought at the Asain market. The IQF clams look like crap and my fish don't really like it. I am pretty disappointed with it. I am going to blend it and make my next Mazuri batch with it. Can you guess which ones the market clam and which is the IQF clams?

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: