BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I have 3 clowns and about 8 tangs small to medium and 3 or 4 "other" little fish. They DO NOT like pellets or flakes of any kind. How many days can they go without eating? I will be gone 4 days so they def won't get fed 2 days.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I feed 2-3 times a day

Pellets first when they hungry then mysis then a sm clump of flakes for my rabbit fishes

U definitely want to take Albanos advice and get them eating pellets and flakes so u can set up an auto feeder for when u r away!

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Thanks, I think I'm going to do what Albano said. My tangs love these circle discs I put in the tank everyday and it lasts longer than seaweed and macro algae :0
(New era marine grazer). But they've never liked flakes or pellets. Yet...haha
Greg 45 - I'm not sure about that,
a
Arnaldolex - I somewhere decided on a ten day on 1 day off cycle.

Rating - 100%
575   0   0
I dnt think my fishes can go more then a few hours without eating.i got my apex feeder set up to feed them 3 times a day a mix of 3 diferent pellets (@ 9am, 12pm and 3pm) then around 6-7pm i feed 2 frozen cubes (1 mysis 1 mega marine angel).
I do have 25 fishes tho.

Last edited:

Nandez13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
246   0   0
I dnt think my fishes can go more then a few hours without eating.i got my apex feeder set up to feed them 3 times a day a mix of 3 diferent pellets (@ 9am, 12pm and 3pm) then around 6-7pm i feed 2 frozen cubes (1 mysis 1 mega marine angel).
I do have 25 fishes tho.

Spoiled fish. I may have to up it from once a day.

I have to go away every now and again for work for 2-4 days. I've let them go 3 days without having someone stop by and feed them. More than that I prefer to have someone come and drop in some pellets. I'm sure they'd be fine if they didn't eat for more than 3 days but I'd just feel bad. I complain if I haven't eaten in 12 hours or so.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Tangs, algae or bicolor grazing blennies, damsels and wrasse seem to go a couple of weeks or even months (ie 6 line wrasse, algae blenny, some damsels) without direct feeding as they can forage off the live rocks, ie pods, bristle worms, algae etc. Dottyback, royal gramma, fang blennies, triggers need constant feeding, else they loose body mass. In my situations when I go on 2 week vacations, dottyback/gramma didn't starve to death directly, but seem to have died to fighting as they seem to become more aggressive over territory and food. I'm not too sure since they seemed muscular when they died. In those cases, I miscalculated the volume of food in my feeder, or the batteries died.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: