Chris31

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey i was just wondering how you know when and how often you change your ro/di filters? I have a 4 stage unit and the bottom of my carbon cartridge is starting to change to the brownish color. Obviously its going to have to be changed soon but i was wondering is people wait until its completely brown or not. Also do you recommend change all 4 cartridges each time?

thanks in advance!

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
slow production is a good clue. you should change sediment, carbon and di resin.
when my tds goes up i swap out just the di resin. i change and date my filters once a year.

STORM

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
in my case i have 2 inline tds meters on my rodi unit, one testing water in and water out, how long have you had your ro unit for? usually membranes last a long time to before you have to change them

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Membranes should last 2-3 years with good maintenance (like flushing every time you make water or once a month). Carbon shouldnt change color. Thats either your sediment filter or DI resin. I usually change all 3 when the TDS meter says 1 instead of 0.

edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
yea i have one. Its still reading zero. If your going off the TDS meter for the filters how do you know when to replace the membrane?

go on air water and ice [vendor on mr] they have a trouble shooting section to figure out when membrane needs replacing.
like mentioned they last a long time if you back flush.

greg 45

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Do not trust 0 tds as what your make up water still might have phosphates or nitrates in the water
Check your make up water often to see when to change di cartridges
My tap water has 2.50 phosphates and eats up di cartridges

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: