Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I thought it will be great to have a coral reef pond thread for the monster reef keepers here. This thread could be used to ask questions, discuss ideas and to show some pictures . No need to be ashamed to ask a question or show pictures of your reef pond. I understand a lot of the moderators love to hate reef ponds and will try to hide the fact they exist. Lots of people have them and haters are always going to hate.

I will start this thread of with a picture of my old pond. This is a link to my new coral reef pond. There was a glitch in the system and the thread became locked. I will notify the moderators about the glitch and they should be able to fix it.

http://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/general-discussion/171189-sharkbait-goes-ithaca.html

1b188aae76c593bf11d550b49ee2b9e2_zpsbe3a1f2d.jpg

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Is this going to be permanenant? How do you cycle something like that? What kind of lights? I'd be thinking 1 very strong light, like a spotlight almost. construct the right circulation system (currents) so you can have a freezer that spits out ice like natures own ATO the polar Ice caps and heat up the water like the equators shallow areas. You could make a real big project out of this depending on how many factors you can account for and try to replicate.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No its not permanent. Once you drain the water it is easy to take down. Lighting you can use metal halides or high bay t5's. I know somebody who is lighting there 12 foot by 12 foot pond with 6 kessils. The current is great in round ponds because it just goes in a circle. It isn't bouncing off of walls losing energy.

Here is my light.

cloak.php

Last edited:

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There used to be a store upstate which closed. This is the owners pond. He is still into sharks. I know he has white tips in there but forgot what else.There are white tips and bullsharks in here.

DSC03863.jpg
gl

Last edited:

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my friends who works for aquariums. This is either the Miami aquarium or Dallas aquarium. They use intex pools when exhibits need construction or for quarantining fish.

DSC00988.jpg
DSC00653_zps929575c6.jpg

Last edited:

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another pond from a member here. He decided to go with a wood pond. Looks much nicer then the premade ponds. It requires more money, skills and effort.
Tank_12A.jpg
Tank_20A.jpg
Tank_25A.jpg
Stand_2A.jpg

Last edited:

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you think they are cool I urge you to consider setting one up. They are much easier to work with then your typical tank, better to aqua scape and most importantly it gives your fish a great environment to live in. Your fish will appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: