edd

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
96   0   0
just want some opinions.
i traded some one a few things, the trade went good. when he was picking up i offered a few free gifts and he accepted. fine i felt good about giving. not even 24 hrs later their up for sale on here. if you don't need it then don't take it to turn a profit just out of greed. what you do with traded or sale items is up to you. but imo don't take it if you don't need it let some one who needs it have them. i give stuff away all the time, who ever comes to my house to trade or buy never leaves without me giving or offering some thing.
this has happened numerous times, it makes me want to throw it out instead of some one profiting from what i grew, but i enjoy giving. sorry but had to vent.

Widdy

Vendor
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
IMO, don't give unless you can accept what may happen to your gift. It is theirs to do what they want with it. Morally, it's a scummy thing to do. Perfectly acceptable because he/she now owns the item. If it causes frustration and anger, its probably healthier to just toss it. It's the community's loss, not yours.

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I do the same thing and I get the same thing back. I don't sell or trade free things. I pay it forward unless after enough time has passed and grew it out and fragging it.

I would be annoyed but I wouldn't stop giving because of one bad apple. Either way whatever you decide is what you decide.

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I offered for free some left over Magnesium and some part A & B for ESV salt, you know just incase you spill a bottle and needs some extra.

The kid who picked it up never used ESV salt mix and had no clue it was useless to him.
I tried to explain but he still wanted it.

That word FREE lol
I just wanted to help someone out.

Someone once said to me "NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED"
and I thought how ****y is that :(

C

Cu455

Rating - 100%
213   0   0
The kid who picked it up never used ESV salt mix and had no clue it was useless to him.
I tried to explain but he still wanted it.

Taking free stuff and selling it the next day is pretty crappy. I wouldn't put this guy in the same category. He probably hears people talking about ESV salt online and figured free salt I will give it a try. You also used the word kid to describe him. He might be new to the hobby and just doesn't know better.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I would specify in the future any free "gifts" are subject to DBTC rules. You can even post on the FS thread that freebies will be given under DBTC rules.

In fact the Freebie thread should have that as part of the sticky along with in Marketplace rules. Anything given for free should be under DBTC unless specified!!! This way if someone does violate at least its published and no one can complain that they were just doing the seller a favor.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: