rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
So I have a black ice and "smorcularis" this was from I think jhales batch back in 2011 both I got at the same time and very small. It's been 3 years and now is when the black ice is bullying the smorcularis. It's so bad the smorcularis is literally hiding under a rock that it made a crevice moving the sand. Now is this the way they determine who's gonna be the female or will the black ice just kill the smorcularis? It's really bad I mean I never seen such brutality before and I had two clowns before them years ago.

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
Are the clowns very different sizes?
Were both clowns in same tank this while time?

If you have 2 females, they may fight to the death, if you have 2 males, they are establishing dominance, if you have a male/female, they may also be establishing dominance.

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Are the clowns very different sizes?
Were both clowns in same tank this while time?

If you have 2 females, they may fight to the death, if you have 2 males, they are establishing dominance, if you have a male/female, they may also be establishing dominance.
clowns were the same size in beginning as time went on the black ice got a little bit bigger than the smorcularis. they've been together for 3 years and were both very small im talking about maybe a couple of months old. looks to me like the black ice is showing to be the dominant one but I just don't like seeing the smorcularis under a rock lol

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
First what size tank you have them in. Second is the Black Ice bigger smorcularis. It does happen when two were a pair and you might have to remove one if the fighting is bad.
tank is 30 gallons

Attachments

• ftsoctober2014.jpg
    ftsoctober2014.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 58

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I would cover the tank with a net or some kind of cover. When clowns start chasing another its a good chance one might jump out. Well if black ice is bigger most likely female. You got plenty hiding places so just wait. BLack ice probably wants all the food too. And maybe black ice wants to mate.

rbtwo4

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
I would cover the tank with a net or some kind of cover. When clowns start chasing another its a good chance one might jump out. Well if black ice is bigger most likely female. You got plenty hiding places so just wait. BLack ice probably wants all the food too. And maybe black ice wants to mate.
black ice is definitely a greedy little *****. not gonna cover tank don't like the look of it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: