fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
It seems that every new reefer gets sold on a blue damsel to start their new tank up, as they're hardy and cheap, on top of their beautiful blue color! I had a 12gal nanocube, then a 46gal bow and a 10gal AGA. i always wound up having a damsel or two, and every time, even in the 46, the damsel was so aggressive that i had to get them out; easier said than done. Not always stupid enough to go in the trap and never dumb enough to come out of the rockwork when the net is within 3 feet of the tank. Is there anyone out there that has successfully kept a damsel or two in a nano with other fish for any extended duration without having them drive the other fish nuts?

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Funny, I had one of those in my 46 bow. He was the final fish that I added and small when introduced, yet he was the main culprit for nipped fins amongst the other fish. Also one of the hardest to get out. He did have some cool colors though.

Rating - 94.6%
105   6   0
I have 3 in a 76 with 2 chromis, 2 Dwarf Angels, Naso Tang, and a harem of Lyre tail Anthias 5 female and 1 male. Never a problem. When I add a new fish I move rocks around and clean and redecorate and then I add them at night. The first day or so there is chasing but all the fish are chasing.
I say go for it but choose tanl mates accordingly.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: