MikesReef

Bread Of Life
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
question2.gif
Mud VS live Sand, with live Rock Hello everyone after the fall of my tank when everything die out and I did not know what happen all you reefers came to my rescue. I was looking to get out of the hobby and stay away and never come back. I was so mad. I should have know better. I did not know where my head was. I think it was up my $%&. you know. but you guys told me not to stop because I was going to feel difference about all things and is true. When you have been reefing for such a long time is so hard to quit, So I said I'm going to go for it one more time.....thanks for the info. Do not ever introduce new live rock to your tank if you know it has been in a tank the looks bad from the start. Even if the guy said to you all kinds of lie...do not trust any one when it come to your tank. and if you get rock from someone else make sure you cure them first before they go into your tank. Also introduce them one at a time. This is because they will charge your tank with Amonia over night you will not see this deadly process taking place and then it will send your nitrite and nitrate through the roof there will be no oxygen in the and all living things in your tank will suffocate and die . Man that is when happen to my best fishes and reef. it was like if I had lost my family all at once....

PS: I will like to know for my new sump something that has cross my mine. I have a refugium should I use Mud or live sand with live rock. what is you reply can you help and let me know why... little help please.

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
I don't have a fuge: I had done some reading on topic similar to yours and recall Reading that mud products are pricey and need to be replaced. Again, no personal experience but if you check some older threads here I am sure you will come across similar indormation

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: