fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I was considering the Jebao DC-6000 as a return pump for an 80 gal tank. I would normally consider a Mag 9.5, but these DC variable speed pumps spark my interest. Especially seeing that it looks like they have the ability to interface with Apex controllers. Anyone have any experience or reviews on these?

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Just ordered a DC-6000 to use as a return. Will run it at partial speed and if I add a uv sterilizer and reactor on the same line, I'll be able to increase the power to compensate.

I've seen something on YouTube And on some sites that there was. Production defect (possibly just in the dc-12000) that the front cover has stress cracks in the molding and that it leaks. Even though it's submersible and made to run underwater, I still wouldn't be to excited about the pump leaking...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzvugrXjU40

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
This pump has been running solid and is all around a great deal and quality product. There are apex compatible interfaces available on eBay and at under $90 shipped, you cany up wrong with this pump. Can't imagine the flow the 12000 would produce, as my hasn't gone over the lowest speed. Going to order a DC2000 or DC3000 to run a second loop, containing a few reactors and a UV Sterilizer.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
You have to accommodate for head pressure. I run a triton-3 on my 65 which is rated for 850gph. The 6000 would be the minimum I would run and would go higher if I planned to run reactors and other devices off it. Just my $.02

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: