mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Just a heads up for anyone out there running a CarbonDoser regulator. Be careful that saltwater does not back up to the unit. It will not be covered under warranty.

This just recently happened to mine. I purchased their regulator and check valve which they recommended (Check valve failed).

Sent it back to them and had to pay for repairs with 15 months left on warranty.

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Same thing happened to me but i didn't have to pay. I bought a few of their check valve and ran two in series. Once by the doser and the other near the Cal Reactor.

LongIslandAndy

Advanced Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
It's funny this thread popped up today, I just got an MTC reactor and was looking at this regulator. Besides this problem, how do you like the regulator. In the past I have used you Milwaukee and Aqua Aquarium with mixed results.
Thanks
Andy

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Aside from this problem, the regulator and doser works great.
Knowing what I know now, would I pay $270 for a new one, no way. The three-year warrantee is a joke.
Better off finding a used one.
Wouldn't you know, the new check valve they sent me looks nothing like the old one that failed.....

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Yes i do and its so much easier to get the right bubble count i need. what i am trying to figured out is how i can get the drip rate how i want it. it slow down too much so it has to be a better way. If anyone has any ideas that would be help full.

Mattl22

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
98   0   0
I'm sorry that's what I Ment I thought u where feeding the cal reactor using a peristaltic doser I've heard of ppl using expensive lab grade vacuum pumps before but I've used a mj or similar feed pump and always thought the little valves used slow drip rate really annoying

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
No Matt I feed it off of a manifold but I am looking to change that soon. I just need to figured out the right amount of water and it will be done. That way I can control the drip rate better.

mbg75

DIATOM MAGNET
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I use a irrigation micro valve. Installed at the very end of the effluent line. Dead constant

a353431b81344aa8bd0f3da59abe29b2.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: