ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Majanos have taken over my tank killing and growing on Sps colonies....there's gotta be at least a couple hundred growing on rock and coral......do I need to set up another tank and cut off good pieces of coral to keep alive and then let all my live rock dry and die out then recycle again? I really don't know how to kill these ba$tards .....tried the wand but there's too many...there's literally colonies of them

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Ohnno man.! What happened.? How long has this been going on for.?

Paste everywhere.!

Youcan clip coral that is good . and take out half rock put half new rock and just switcout till your completed

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
It's been going on for a few months...I was hitting it hard with wand but I notice when the little pieces come off and float around the tank ,they land and grow again if they didn't get completely fried by the wand....so if you have one majano that u fry up and ten pieces don't completely fry chances are you'll have another 10 majanos...... These things suck! After I bought my house and moved the tank here from my old apartment, I definately neglected the tank for a few months but I always cleaned the filter socks and skimmer and always have the calcium reactor running.... I had great coral growth in that time as well as majano growth :( .....but now there messin with corals..... Thinking of Maybe getting rid of corals by cutting clean pieces and ridding of rock and either start over or breakdown.... I dunno very sad decision to make

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: