BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I came into this hobby with a 35 gal freshwater tank that i converted, then a 14 gal biocube, then a 29 gal cube, then a 120gal and now I'm sitting on 265 gallons of bliss,,,whats everybody else track record?

Last edited by a moderator:

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
24 gl aquapod to 34 solana to 120 gl. Then also had a 15 gl Mantis tank which became a angler tank. Got rid of angler tank. Downgraded the 120 into 2 34 gl solanas (had to when I moved because landlord changed his mind & told me at the last minute the 120 was to big). While Ive had the 2 solanas I also got a 4 gl angler tank then upgraded the angler tank to a 8 gl and then got rid of angler tank all together.

STHILL

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Wow I started with a 90 gal then added a 55 gal then added a 30 gal..then got rid of the 55 gal and 30 gal then downgraded the 90 gal to a redsea max 130d..then upgraded to a 93 cube then upgraded to a 5' 180 gal..now I'm gonna downgrade again..

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I'm horrible.

5gal fresh
10gal fresh
15gal salt
30L salt
55 salt
^When I started and all non-reef ready.

80 Deep blue salt
50 Glass cages / salt
65 oceanic
60 cube
60 and 80 deep blue rimless at the same time
30 deep blue frag
70 marineland cube
Finally back at glass cages and still in process of the build.

I will probably swap out tanks within 2 years to a reefoman tank but same equipment.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
We are gonna need a few threads for Kris's upgrades :lol2:

I first started with a 29 gallon

Then it went downhill after that
-75 gallon
-120 gallon
-Down to a 30 cube
-60 cube
-80 gallon shallow frag tank
-120 gallon
-And now building my last setup 200dd

Last edited:

thirty6

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Started years and years ago with. 20g saltwater after years of freshwater keeping, then went to a 29g. Took almost 15 or so years off and started a 90g that quickly became a 120 and when my family moved into out new home I bought a 180 while my wife wa away for the weekend. It never saw water as she wasn't thrilled with the size so I agreed to downgrade to a 150 cube! My boys have a small freshwater tank working too

Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
started with a 10G tank just collecting Ghost shrimp in the long island sound. then bringing a northern puffer homethat we cought in L.I, then bought a 45G witch was just for him and a JUVI TOTOG.

Witch then converted into a reef tank. puffer was 8" by then and he was getting to big we had to let him to to a fish store who got him a nice home. then our JUVI TOTOG who loved his neon green toad stool finally died after a year. :(

then it was another tank that came along witch was a 14G biocube for granny when she came home from the hosptial and couldnt make it up the stairs anymore after getting diagnosed with Heart failuar at the age of 91-92. then when she came home, she loved it. BUT she said its too small too see any fish! LOL! so we then TROOPED IT to what comes the 3rd tank.

Witch came the 34G solona. witch we trooped it 2 hours to Some where in CT, got a good deal. came home set it up did the X-fer and we had a 150W MH over it growing everything. then came time to upgrade the 45 to a 65G coverting it over fully one day.

witch before i get to the 65G was the 60G DB, witch was setup after we converted the 45G into a reeftank. witch was for bubble tips and the clowns and some frags we were buying that couldnt fit in the 45Display at the time.

now comes the 65G new Display converting from the 45G display.
so cause granny couldnt come upstairs anymore and we wanted the tank to be on her level with the 34G solana we converted to a 65G witch means breaking down the 34G as well. so we did it all at one time. ripped the 45G and 34G at one time got it done.

also put up and connected a 30G DB rimless to the 60G in the basement for mainly Bubble tips Rock anemones and Chalices. But first had only SPS then it converted into the bubbles and rock anemones.

Now uptodate.

we have the 65G 60G 30G, also Setting up a 120G RR corner over flow brand new Home made stand, Thanks to my Buddy Rob and me building it. Thanks BUD! .

soon too come down will be the 60DG DB and 30G DB and setting up a shallow big tank to convert both into one big one. witch will be 55"x30x17" MH and LED. custom 148G if i remember correctly.

thats the history! :).

also have in the making just sitting around hording. 45G, 93corner, 10G, 5G, 4GDB , 28bio cube, 120G starfire custom, 40Gbreeder, 55G sump custom acrylic , 20L custom sump, Custom KING HUGE sump one of his first modles.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I started with a 55g freshwater when I was in high school and added a few tanks, then took about a 20 year break and finally got into Saltwater. I always wanted to have a reef back then but thought it was too difficult.

1 55g with Oscars and Pacus
1 55g with African & South American cichlids
1 125g with Kois
1 30g with Red belly Piranhas
(All the above running at the same time)

Now finally have a 65g mix reef.

Pazzoman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
2 Gallon fighting fish vase
46 gallon bowfront freshwater tank
40 gallon freshwater grow out tank
72 gallon freshwater tank
72 gallon saltwater tank
72 gallon freshwater tank (Started fresh 72..than salt..than back to fresh)
Now Currently with A 150 Gallon FOWLR and RBTA

BioMan

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
i don't think everyone is on the same pace as you. do you have all the tanks set up or just some?

Apparently there are a lot of people like me!
I had the 35 up for a year, changing water every week,,the hang on the back filter for my freshwater is where i kept carbon.
i then bought the 14gal cube used and the 29gal brand new a month later and had all 3 tanks running. Learned a lot about temperature swings, the 14 was "Sensitive" to my house temp more than the 35 gal hexagon freshwater. This is where i learned the common sense of "dilution is solution for polution" and the amount of energy it would take to change the temperature of larger bodies of water vs small...so I got a used 120gal and moved my other 3 tanks to the 120.... Learned ill never use anybody else sand again and just because you work in a fish store in a prestigious town you don't know what your talking about.(Had a copper problem kill a lot of corals) and the importance of a quarantine tank (which is my 29gal) then ditched the 120 when I moved and now I've got myself the 265gal thanks to my buddy Cypher not measuring his elevator lmao (plus the 29gal quarantine tank).

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Lets see I started with 55 gallon fresh water ( oscars and dempsies ) then moved went to a 90 saltwater kept that for many years then upgraded to 120 reef ready and now finally my 220gal if I'm blessed in another 3yrs looking to get tank that will fill my whole wall space close to 8 1/2ft wide that will end my tank upgrades since i have no more closets to convert to filter rooms lol

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
It all started with a $1 and a pingpong ball at a carnival and my daughter won a goldfish. That turned into a 10G which turned into a 29, which turned into a 40, which turned into a 54 corner. This is now a 95 wave running with Africans.

Enter the salt scene - all up and running now
100 gallon DSA
75 frag and grow out tank
40 breeder with a fuge and have a trigger in it. I know - not what you usually see in a fuge.

now setting up a 34 cube also for the wife for a nem / clown tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: