Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Long story short I've had a pearlberry frag for months doing great on my rack,started encrusting,color and overall health always seemed fine. Last night I decided to move from the frag rack and glue to my rock. Well this am I notice that it's looking like crap and flesh is missing in various spots,not tissue necrosis. I know exactly what it was,frigging little hermit crabs!!! Anybody else ever have this problem? My frag got molested as soon as it was in an area where the hermits could get to it. Here is a before and after pic. You can see the nips on the axial and radial corallites. Everything that had encrusted is completely gone too

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Definitely possible, algae wasn't visible not to say there wasn't anything on there. They hit up the majority of the pieces I glued,probably 8 of them. The others were mostly just the plug, but they climbed all over the pearlberry. Did the pictures ever show up? They are not showing up on my phone.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: