Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Has anyone ever been stung by their rbta? Tonight while cleaning my tank I got stung. My hand started burning and stinging. Washed with soap and water. Put vingar over burn a few mins later hand got red And a bunch of hives. Now 45 mins later still a little red hives went down a little but hand is still burning a little when touched.

If you been stung what did you do? I have been touching these things for years and never had a problem. Now this. Ughhh

Thanks

Dre

Rating - 100%
243   0   0
Run hot water on your hand as hot as you can bare. People have different reactions. Mine is usually mild..

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
I know someone that got "bit" by a green carpet and was lumped on his hand for a few weeks. We make fun of him to this day. I'm sure it'll be the same. If it gets worse than make sure you don't hesitate to go to a Dr or something.

Mike

Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
It's s little red now. Still have some hives but sure burns a little. Feels like I got stung by a bee or wasp. It's now about an hour after the sting.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
From my experience, you slowly develop an allergic reaction to the anemone stings after too many stings. I remember the first time it was fun that they would stick to my hands. Now I also break out in hives. The hives takes a few days for it to go away for me.

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Hot water, as hot as you can bear without burning yourself.

I would also suggest Benadryl.

I am not a doctor, I don't play one on TV or the internet, I did not stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

Jaynie1028

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
This morning all the hives are gone and redness. Swelling went down hand look normal again but is a little sore if I brush it up against something. I did run it under hot hot water. I also put peroxide on it. Along with vinegar so I'm not sure if or what worked. But it was burning right to I went to bed. I am a firm believer in gloves now. I Will be ordering a few boxes today. Thanks everyone

BAD FISH

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
I've been touching rata for years never had any effects. Maybe some people are more allergic than others ? Or even ammune ? Or maybe I'm a clownfish?

rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I posted a link recently for gloves, here is the link:

http://www.qcsupply.com/77015-band-a-sleeve-clear.html

These are the best ive found, and ive look/tried a lot.

The only drawbacks are they puncture easily, but if youre going to be moving rocks just put a rubber surgical glove on top (with a rubber band around the cuff to prevent water from getting into the glove and making a mess when you "pull out"). I also feel bad about the waste that results from using and throwing them out.... But what can you do.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: