shorjai

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hey folks,

Need some help and ideas here. I am planning to use my garage as a fish room. I live in a brick townhouse which all the houses are connected to each other. so the only garage door are facing the street which cold air can get in. Beside insulating the garage door and insulate the tank. any ideas what i can do to keep tank around 79 degree? The key is i do not wanted to spend alot of $$ on the electricity bill over the winter time.

Anyone have their fish room in their garage? please let me know.

Thanks.

tacson

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
id say spend money insulating the garage .. right now im shutting down my system due to too cold in the garage . I run 1500 watts of heater for the tank already and my water stays to 70 when 10 degrees outside ... my advise is spend money to well insulate the garage ... that's my 4cents . good luck

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
My friend took part of his garage and set it up as a fish room. He put up a wall between the doorway and the garage entrance and insulated the wall. He still had some problems with the cold in the winter but it was manageable. You may also want to put something down on the floor, especially since it's cement, as that will probably help with the cold.

Last edited:

Skaters216

Reefing for My Kids!
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
If your tapping off any type of heating system you would have to put a separate thermostat in the garage to keep it the same as the house, you would need to keep your heat at 85 degrees in the house to even keep the garage a little warm.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: