Actually I just went on UnitedWater.com and got my explanation of why there's a boil water advisory, and for those that don't know, those are the municipalities that are affected.

A boil water advisory has been issued by the Westchester County Department of Health for the following municipalities served by the United Water Rate District #1 and will remain in effect on Wednesday, May 27 from 10 a.m. through midnight. Approximately 150,000 people are in the affected areas as follows:
  • City of New Rochelle
  • Town of Eastchester
  • Village of Bronxville
  • Village of Tuckahoe
  • Town of Pelham
  • Village of Pelham
  • Village of Pelham Manor
The boil water advisory is being issued as a precautionary measure while New York City Department of Environmental Protection performs scheduled maintenance of its chlorination system resulting in inadequate disinfection of water provided to United Water Rate District #1

At the end of the day, I don't think I should be worrying much about running the RO/DI, if anything it's probably better to use it now because there will be no chlorine to be neutralized by the filter.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: